Dr Yixin Jiang Xu
Yixin has a Bachelor of Psychology (Honours) and PhD in psychology in attachment theory. She is currently completing her Master of Clinical Psychology.
Above all, Yixin aims to provide a safe space for all clients, to be with them in their struggles, and to empower them to make changes. She will utilise a range of evidence-based therapies and work in partnership with her clients to meet their individual needs.
Yixin has a long-standing interest in close relationships, having accumulated knowledge and expertise in parent-child attachment and adult attachment. She is particularly passionate about using an attachment framework to help parents/caregivers, couples, and families to nurture close relationships. She also enjoys working with clients of all backgrounds.
Yixin is a registered and experienced Circle of Security Parenting (CoS-P) facilitator and can run the course for both individuals and groups.
Counselling individuals and families on:
- Mental health and wellbeing
- Marriage, family, and other relationship issues
- Parenting challenges, including the stress of adjusting to parenthood
- Stress and emotion management
- Cross-cultural issues
Education and Professional Affiliations
- Doctorate of Philosophy (2016), The University of Sydney
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours), The University of Sydney
- Master of Clinical Psychology (current), Charles Sturt University